Assembling a Sleepyhead mattress topper is a straightforward process that can significantly enhance your sleeping experience. In this article, we’ll guide you through the simple steps to set up your new mattress topper, ensuring you get the most comfort and longevity out of it.
Step 1: Unboxing and Airing Out
The first step is to unbox your new Sleepyhead mattress topper. These toppers are vacuum-packed for easier shipping, so don't be surprised if it looks thinner than expected right out of the box. Here’s how to properly unpack and let it expand:
- Unbox Carefully: Open the packaging carefully without using sharp objects that might damage the topper.
- Let it Expand: Once unpacked, lay the topper flat on a clean surface. expansion time of our product can be influenced by a variety of factors, such as its thickness, density, and other unique characteristics. As a result, the time required for our product to fully expand can vary from 30 minutes to 12 hours. The foam needs time to expand to its full size after being compressed for shipping.
- Air It Out: It's common for new mattress toppers to have a distinct smell when first unpacked. While some people may be more sensitive to smells than others, we take pride in the fact that our toppers have little to no scent. If you do notice a slight smell, we recommend allowing the topper to air out for 24 to 72 hours. Avoid covering it with sheets or placing it on your bed during this period. Our customer reviews can assure you that Sleepyhead's products do not have any lingering odors.
Step 2: Securing The Topper With The Adjustable Straps
The next step is to prepare your bed for the topper. Sleepyhead mattress toppers often come with adjustable straps to keep them securely in place. Here’s how to use them:
- Locate the Straps: Find the adjustable straps attached to the topper. They are located at each of the corners.
- Position the Topper: Place the topper on your mattress. Make sure it aligns well with the corners and sides of your mattress for a snug fit.
- Attach the Straps: Stretch the straps underneath the mattress and fasten them securely. These straps prevent the topper from shifting while you sleep.
Step 3: Covering the Topper with Sheets
Finally, you’ll want to cover your mattress topper with sheets to protect it and add an extra layer of comfort.
- Choose the Right Size Sheets: Use the same size sheets as your bed. For instance, if you have a queen-sized bed and topper, use queen-size sheets.
- Fit the Sheets: Once the topper has fully expanded and is strapped onto your mattress, fit your bedsheet over both the mattress and the topper. This not only secures the topper further but also creates a seamless sleeping surface.
- Cleaning and Maintenance: Regularly machine wash your mattress topper cover according to the instructions to ensure its longevity.
- Rotation: Periodically rotate the topper to ensure even wear.
- Storage: We recommend rolling up the mattress topper like a sleeping bag and then using a vacuum-sealed bag to compress the topper and storing it at room temperature. We have a detailed blog on how to store/ re-package your topper you may find helpful here.
Assembling your Sleepyhead mattress topper is easy and can drastically improve your sleep quality. By following these simple steps of unpacking, airing out, securing it with straps, and fitting it with the right sheets, you can enjoy a more comfortable and supportive sleep environment. Remember, good sleep starts with a great foundation!